about me // firstname.lastname@example.org // subscribe // speaking
notable — some of my favorites, a good place to start…
film / video
See also /devlog, my notebook on filmmaking.
tech-gov-and-society (outsider economics)
Oakland Film Club - Rob and I host this regularly. We do typically prepare and share some personal remarks as ‘homework.’
A Few of My Favorite Things - glimpses of the sublime, standing on the shoulders of giants.
Notes - short notes / books and papers I’m reading
Work, Art, and Dignity in the Face of AI and Mass Automation - Recording of a talk I did at FORM 2018 along with a map of my writing on work, dignity, and AI.
mit iap seminars (organized by me and rob)
2020. (Essay, Syllabus). Film Noir and Failures of the Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution - a three part seminar.
2019. (Essay, Syllabus). Narrative, Intelligence, and AI - a three part seminar.
2018. (Essay, Syllabus). Consciousness, Computation, and the Universe - a two part seminar.
2017. (Essay, Syllabus). AI, Mass Automation, and the Evolution of Human Dignity - a two part seminar.
- GitHub - My open source projects.
- Unsubscribe Button for Chrome - Adds a shortcut to Gmail for unsubscribing from marketing emails.
- Focus Reader View for Chrome - Adds a “Reader View” (like Safari’s or Readability) to Chrome.
- Run in Terminal for VS Code - Use a keyboard shortcut to run any command in the Integrated Terminal of Virtual Studio Code.
- VS Code Markdown Notes - Navigate notes with